In order to sustain the garden this summer we encourage all students from the community to sign up this summer through the recreation department to come join Mrs. Ferenc and Mrs. Meisner for Garden Camp here at the Peter Woodbury School community garden where you can learn the tricks and trades of gardening and help sustain what we have started. If you are interested please sign up by clicking on this link Garden Camp. We are offering two sessions and .
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
We are looking for coaches to coach Girls on the Run (GOTR) for fall 2017. It is an amazing program for 3rd and 4th grade girls! Our current PWS coaches are moving on to McKelvie. Not only is this program rewarding for the girls, it is rewarding for the coaches.
A GOTR coach is a volunteer position that facilitates and supports the GOTR curriculum. The position requires approximately 2-4 hours per week for 10 weeks with the additional commitment of a one-time new coach training. Coaches do not need to be runners. They must be willing to lead with an open heart and assume positive intent.
Please help us spread the word to ensure that we are able to host a fall team at PWS! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
A letter has gone home with students with some important end of year information for parents. The same information can be found below.
- Kindergarten's last day of school is Friday, June 16th.
- Grades 1-4 last day of school is Monday, June 19th with 12:20 dismissal. Lunch will be served.
- Lost and found items will be donated at the end of the day on June 19th. Please check those bins for missing items.
- Our move up day tradition for 4th graders is changing this year. We will have a clap out at 9am for our 4th graders. Students will be walking outside around the square on the hardtop, where parents will be lined up behind the cones. After walking that square, students will board buses to visit McKelvie. Please note: 4th graders will not find out their teachers until August when Infosnap is filled out by parents.
- Meet and Greet is schedule for Monday, August 28th from 1:30-3:00
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Pass it on: Kindergarten and First Grade registration is happening! Be sure to pick up your registration packet at your appropriate school between 7:15 am and 3:15 pm.
A child must attain his/her fifth birthday on or before September 30th, 2017 to be eligible for kindergarten. A child must attain his/her sixth birthday on or before September 30th, 2017 to be eligible for first grade.
Each of the three elementary schools provide a fee based extended day Kindergarten program. Information about this program is available at the district website www.sau25.net.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Many parents are looking for ways to keep their child's academic skills sharp over the summer. If you would like to do this, we recommend using the Summer Skills Sharpeners Book from Tri-C Publication. You should order your child's current grade level if you choose to order.